Metallic colors are a huge wedding trend and glittery gold is my absolute favorite one. These cake tiers were painted a lustrous gold hue (using edible paint, of course), and then accented with some other charming elements. While the designs could certainly work for a glamorous wedding in an opulent ballroom or historic estate, it would also complement a more modern celebration in a raw-space venue like a loft or art gallery. Let’s check out these glamorous gold wedding cakes and get inspired.
Erin Schrad Photography
The Cake Blog
Zoe Clark Cakes
Bobbette & Belle
Sarah Culver Photography via Junebug Weddings
Christy Tyler Photography
Polka Dot Bride
BRIAN LEAHY PHOTOGRAPHY via Hey Wedding Lady
Photography By Charise via Ruffled
cotton & crumbs/Rebekah Naomi Cake Design via Cake Central
You’re a very lucky mom if your daughter asks you to give a Mother of the Bride speech. This opportunity is a once-in-a-lifetime one, so be sure you make it as perfect as possible. Follow these steps to make the best Mother of the Bride speech ever. We have hints and tips to lead you every step of the way so you don’t miss anything vital. Your daughter will have tears in her eyes by the time you’re through, and will know that her decision to include you in the toasts was a good one. Ultimately, this speech is meant to encapsulate the love you have for your daughter, so as long as you make your Mother of the Bride speech full of love and well-wishes, you’ve done your job.
1. Thank your daughter for letting you speak. Not everyone loves sitting through a host of speeches, so a lot of brides and grooms try to keep it to the maid of honor and the best man. Clearly, your daughter wants you to be one of the special people to toast at your wedding, which says something about your relationship with each other.
2. Thank the audience for coming. Even if you took care of the financials of the wedding, or even the planning, and you feel they should be thanking you, don’t be worried. You will be thanked. However, the reception wouldn’t happen without the couple’s closest friends and family showing up, so be sure to thank them in your Mother of the Bride speech for spending this special day with the happy couple and make them feel welcome.
3. Tell your daughter you love her. You do this every day, seven days a week already, but today is the day she wants to hear it the most. After all, this Mother of the Bride speech is about how much you love your girl, in the end. She is your ray of sunshine, and the audience couldn’t possibly fully understand your love for her, but she will understand, and she will appreciate you reaffirming this.
4. Don’t embarrass the bride. You probably thought the days of “Mom, you’re embarrassing me!” were over when she graduated high school, but this rule applies during the Mother of the Bride speech. Anything you say of your daughter, especially when she was younger, is bound to be slightly blush-worthy, so just ask the bride if you can mention a certain story if you’re not sure. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
5. Wish your daughter well. There are a variety of ways to do this in the Mother of the Bride speech. If you’re religious, you can do this in the form of a short prayer, or if you’re literary, you can write her a poem. Find whichever way captures your relationship best to send your daughter off to her new, happy life with with the same warmth and tenderness with which you helped her lead her old one.
6. Welcome the groom to the family. Like it or not, this man is officially a part of your family. And, let’s be honest, if your darling daughter chose him, you probably do like him. In your Mother of the Bride speech, give him a warm welcome – and remind him how lucky he is to have a bride like your daughter. Don’t ever let him forget.
7. Give a toast. Toast the audience, toast the celebration, but most importantly, toast the happy couple. A marriage blossomed today, and that deserves a blessing. There is no one better to give it than the woman who helped make the bride the best she could be and stood with her for her entire life.
As your daughter’s big day gets closer, you’ll want to make sure you know the Mother of the Bride duties. The maid of honor handles a lot of the planning to help out the bride, but moms can have their fair share of tasks as well.
1. Be supportive and encouraging when helping your daughter find a Wedding Dress. While some brides are overjoyed by shopping for hours on end for the perfect dress, you know your daughter best, and it can turn into a stressful search.
2. Research family traditions that have been incorporated into relatives’ wedding ceremonies. You can also find old family heirlooms that can be passed down to your daughter on her most special day.
3. Be a backup contact for caterers, florists, and other services. If the bride has a rehearsal or appointment and cannot take a call or another appointment, be there for her when you can. Just make sure you’ve communicated with her on what she wants. You don’t want to make a decision about, say, flower colors that she hasn’t approved.
Every bride at one point or another will come into conflict with their mother during wedding planning (trust us). Even if she is your best friend, your pseudo-wedding planner, or your right-hand woman for every decision, you will clash at some point. Even the mothers that prefer to stay in the background will have opinions. So what do mothers of the bride need to know? We rounded up 10 of the best tips from brides about what every mother should remember during the planning process through the wedding day. Hint: pass this along (nicely!) to your dear old mother.
1. This is your daughter’s moment to shine. Not yours. This doesn’t mean you can’t look fabulous, but a sexy, strapless, body-con gown is probably not the best idea. You are playing a central role on the day, but your daughter is the star. Elegant and classic are the right words to describe your look and attitude. Even if you dislike certain details (like your daughter’s sexy, strapless gown), keep it to yourself. Remember: compliments and smiles!
2. It is inappropriate to wear white, cream, or ivory. Mothers of the bride, do not even think about wearing a color in/near/around the whites on your daughter’s special day. It is totally inappropriate and unkind. She is the princess in white and no one should be close to her wedding gown color on the day. Need some guidance? Shop MoB dresses here.
3. The Bride and Groom are running the show. Some mothers tend to be a little controlling and/or overbearing but on the wedding day, mothers need to know who is in charge. The bride and groom are the gatekeepers of all final decisions leading up to the wedding and throughout the day (or a designated professional, like a wedding coordinator). Unless you have been asked to run something, stay out of the way. For example: Thinking about surprising them with the family dog at the ceremony? Not without their sign off
4. Learn to pick and choose your battles wisely. Some traditions are nearer and dearer to your heart than your daughters. So if there is something you must see or do on the wedding day, like a Chuppa, confirmation during a catholic service, or even a Hungarian tea (true story), pick ONE that is a must. It will be seen with more importance and your daughter can’t say no to your one request, right? Just like the bride has to pick and choose her battles, so should you.
5. Get to know the in-laws. This is your daughter’s new family and in this day and age, the mother of the groom may be just as involved as the bride’s mother (or would like to be) when it comes to planning the big day. Especially when budgets are getting split. Brides, make sure both mothers feel included! How about a lunch date for the ladies to discuss the wedding details?
6. Be supportive, no matter what. Even if your daughter is turning into bridezilla (which they sometimes do), mothers need to stay poised, calm, and collected. It is your job to be the pillar of stability during this crazy time and your daughterswill want someone who can both help them make the big decisions and keep their cool when things go awry. We can’t promise it will be easy, but please try for the bride!
7. Offer to help, but only what you are truly willing to do. You should only offer what you want and can do. If you have a full-time job, maybe volunteering to meet with florists mid-week is a bad idea. Or if you have a special talent in table decorations or paper goods, offer to lend a hand here. Don’t offer your help on items that you have no interest in! And certainly don’t fill your schedule with more than you can handle. We know you want to be involved, just do it wisely.
8. Be open about the guest list. We know tradition states that mom and dad are hosting the party (i.e. paying for it) and therefore, the guest list should be decided by them. Not anymore. For this generation, the bride and groom are normally the ones in control of the almighty guest list. You should abolsutely have a say in whose invited (and how many), but does the great-aunt you’ve never met need to come? Or those ‘friends’ you haven’t spoken to in ten years? No. Be reasonable here.
9. Offer your wedding gown, but don’t force it. We know you may have been saving your Wedding Dress for your daughter ‘some day’, but styles and fashions have evolved. You should definitely make the offer, but please don’t be offended if the bride (politely) says no. Maybe offer the veil? Or perhaps a piece of the dress can be used, like lace? Seamstresses and tailors can do wonders with old dresses. Be open-minded!
10. Discuss wedding outfits with the mother of the groom. This may seem trivial, but having the mothers coordinate is a wonderful bonding experience! Plus, it is tradition (and polite) to share your look for the wedding. Also, as the head matrons, your look will set the tone for the wedding. The mother of the groom doesn’t want to outshine you (we hope) and wouldn’t it be horrible if you wore the same thing? Share!
There’s no other tradition as synonymous with marriage as the white wedding gown. And for some brides the process started years ago. Are you the bride who started looking for your Wedding Dress before you were even engaged? You’re not alone. Most brides have thought about walking down the aisle in their Wedding Dress for years, probably envisioning the entire process of trying on dozens of dresses and falling in love with “the one”. While the daydreams are nice, the reality is that wedding gown shopping can be a little overwhelming. We pulled together our ultimate guide the Wedding Dresses and our ongoing Wedding Dress blog posts as a way to help brides with their wedding planning process. When you think about what is involved in finding a Wedding Dress you can see how things quickly get stressful. You need to find out the basic cheat sheet for wedding gowns, understand the basic dress silhouettes and body types so you can understand how they flatter your figure and then you need to find a place to buy your Wedding Dress.
If you’re feeling pressure to find the Wedding Dressof your dreams then read this ultimate guide to Wedding Dresses and take your time. Don’t worry and don’t rush. We chatted with experts and brides who know exactly how you’re feeling, and we asked them to spill their tips for finding the perfect Wedding Dress. Read on, stress less and spend more time on the rest of your wedding planning to-do list.
DO Learn the Wedding Dress shopping lingo: Know your “Gown Vocabulary” before you go to your appointment, so that you are sure you and the consultant are on the same page. Click here for Team Wedding’s ultimate list of Wedding Dress shopping lingo.
DON’T Bring a Huge Entourage: When was the last time a group of women were all in the same room and all agreed with each other? Never! Don’t have too many people with you when shopping for your Wedding Dress, it is going to be a real disaster. Read more.
DO Take Advantage of Bridal Consultants: Bridal consultants know what they’re doing. They know what they have in stock, they’ve seen every size and shape bride you can imagine, and they know how to flatter any body type. Read more.
DO Take Pictures: Take pictures of yourself in the Wedding Dresses to make sure they look the way you want. Don’t just take stand up photos either, you’re going to have to pose in the dress so move around. Read more.
DON’T Limit Yourself to One Style: A different silhouette or material may flatter you better so don’t box yourself with one style and potentially miss your dream dress. Try on styles you’re unsure about, you never know. Read more.
DON’T Wear The Wrong Underwear: This is one most brides don’t even think about until it is embarrassingly too late. Simple rule is to make sure you wear nice underwear. The bridal consultant and likely your friends are going to see you in them, so make the effort. Read more.
DON’T Forget About The Extras: Ever bought a car and they add on extras till you look at the final tally and the price has almost doubled from the base price. Wedding gowns work the same way. The dress is just one part of the cost. Read more.
DO Remember Your Budget, Always: This is a no brainer. Don’t try on dresses you can’t afford. The simple law of attraction says you’re going to fall in love with the dress you can’t have and then you’re only setting yourself up for failure. Don’t do it. Read more.
DO Move Around A Lot: You’re not going to just stand on a podium and look at your self in the mirror at your wedding. Between walking down the aisle, some photos, sitting down to eat and lots of dancing, you’re going to be moving around a lot.
DO Have Fun: This is a once in a lifetime experience. Don’t get stressed out about finding a dress. Enjoy yourself and have some fun.
Winter is a time for wrapping up warm and embracing the change of season as the weather gets colder and the nights get longer. Our fashion changes to embrace the colder weather and here at PoPular Haircuts – we say, why can’t our hair change too? There’s nothing like a new hairstyle to make you feel fantastic – and what better time to embrace a new you than with a change in the season? Here is a collection of our favourite winter hair colours to inspire you to head for a change
Black to Red Ombre Blend
This lady’s beautiful long locks are worked from a deep and glossy black at the root into a gorgeous and warm shade of red, both colours blended together through the most glorious ombre blend. This lady has kept her hair straight and sleek to show off this striking and glossy shade, which is just perfect for the winter season – don’t you think?
Brown to Caramel Balayage
We cannot get enough of this incredibly fashionable lady’s hair – the gorgeous curls throughout create the most striking finish we ever did see – especially because of the stunning colours at work for this look! Her hair blends from a dark brown to a warming caramel shade through the famous balayage technique, and is finished with a lighter blonde at the ends for a sun-kissed effect.
Ashy Blonde and Brown
Not only is this lady simply gorgeous with beautiful make up and a striking outfit to match, but her hair is simply divine – just perfect for a winter makeover we think! The top layer is a dark, ashy blonde which is almost grey, making the look completely on trend. The bottom layer shows a warm and chocolate brown coming through and we think the colours work together perfectly.
Bright Blonde Tips
This utterly striking look comprises a collection of brown and blonde shades and weaves them together through a balayage transition to create this simple stunning look that we think is perfect for warming up those winter nights! From a dark brown at the root to a lighter brown, finished with bright blonde tips – we love this loosely curled style.
This absolutely gorgeous hair style is one of the most unique colours that we ever did see! The colour is a mixture of pink, copper and brown in this stunning finish that is so glossy, bright and shiny in a lovely warm shade; just perfect for the winter. This fashionable female has kept her hair straight, sleek and incredibly shiny for a finish that we cannot get enough of.
Blonde to Brown Beached Waves
We cannot get enough of this striking style which is full of beached waves for the most glorious finish we ever did see. This brown to blonde balayage blend melts from a dark brown to a lovely light blonde at the tips and we think the transition is truly striking. She’s created this beach style by curling it and tousling it loosely; perfect for a day style that is just wonderful.
Grey to Blue Graduated Bob
This absolutely beautiful graduated bob starts from a shorter layer at the back and works into a lovely long section towards the front which falls around her face perfectly. To accentuate this incredible hairstyle she’s gone from a dark grey to a gorgeous bubblegum blue ombreblend, which makes her hair shiny, glossy and simply stunning we think!
Dark to Light Blue Loose Curls
Denim-style hair is oh so popular of late, and after taking one look at this stunning lady’s hair it’s really not difficult to see why! The roots of her hair are a lovely dark blue which blend through an ombre transition to a lovely light blue which has a slight grey tint. She’s loosely curled her hair so you can see the different shades, and then twisted the top section into a half-up, half-down bun.
Dark to Light Blonde Bob
This absolutely striking bob has stolen the hearts of the PoPular Haircuts office! Parted in the centre and falling with a jagged finish right around the shoulders, in a gorgeous tousled finish that creates a beautiful bounce and volume. This lady has opted for a beautiful dark to light blonde ombre finish, with lighter blonde strands falling around her face, to finish off the look perfectly.
Dark to Light Brown Ringlets
This gorgeous bob is perfectly styled to show off the beautiful range of colours working together to create this lovely look! The top of the hair is a remarkable and glossy chestnut brown which blends seamlessly into a lighter brown through a balayage transition. She’s added some incredible ringlets throughout the ends of the hair for the perfect end result.
Changing your hair for winter is the best way to embrace the new season – and a new look for yourself at the very same time! Pophaircuts.com we’ve gathered a selection of our favourite colours to inspire your new hair colour for next season – let us know which one you choose.
Floral crowns and hair bouquets are continue to be a trend in bridal hairstyles. And they becoming more and more popular for modern brides. Flowers in hair could make any woman feel gorgeous. This look will work good with botanical wedding them or a festive spring garden party. We totally obsessed with this adorable bridal style! See our gallery of blooming wedding hair and be inspired!
Procrastinating is never something we’d recommend, but let’s face it — the majority of teenagers wait until the last minute to do virtually everything. So, if you’re like most of your peers and appreciate a little pressure before getting something accomplished, you’ve been thinking about your Prom Dress, buuuuut have yet to make a purchase. We don’t mean to put pressure on you here, but NGL — the big night is coming up soon and while going naked is technically an option, we don’t think anyone would be too thrilled with that choice. Basically, you need a dress and you need it stat. Try not to freak out too much, though — these hacks will help you through the process!
1. If you want to wear a dress that’s flattering for your shape, but have no idea where to begin, this guide will be your best friend:
2. This little black dress guide can cross over into helping you find the perfect prom gown, too:
3. There are SO many different necklines on dresses that it can definitely get confusing. Here are all the options laid out:
4. Once you find the perfect dress with the perfect neckline, you need to make sure your hair doesn’t hide it! Here are some handy tricks on how to do your ‘do on prom night:
5. What happens if you find the PERFECT dress, but feel that it’s a bit too revealing? Simple — change it up a little bit!
6. EVERYONE dies to wear a red-carpet dress worn by a celebrity, but the chances of that actually happening are pretty slim… so, make your own! Here you can see an exact replica of Anna Kendrick’s dress made with a lacey tank top and a convertible black gown:
7. Jewelry can make or break any outfit, but especially a formal dress. Follow this guide and you’ll never screw up your look with the wrong necklace again!
8. But what about bracelets and earrings? No worries — we’ve got you covered:
9. Finding the right bra to wear with a uniquely cut dress can be a MAJOR pain, but if you try this simple hack, you’ll never have to stress about visible lingerie straps again!
10. NGL, sometimes a bra just won’t cut it. Kim Kardashian is a huge fan of taping her boobs before a red carpet, and you will be, too!
Dreaming of locks that are bursting with bounce and energy? Then you may want to consider a stacked haircut! Stacked haircuts are designed with tons of lovely layers of all different sizes to create a full, energetic style that’s cute and flirty. Check out these trendy, sexy stacked haircut ideas!
Messy Dark Brown – Easy Short Haircut for Summer
As if the layers weren’t enough, this lovely lady chooses to tousle up her mane for a messy, super sultry finish. Her dark brown hair is gorgeous against her porcelain skin and we’re loving the amount of layers she has from front to back.
Sleek Dark Red – Short, Lob Hair Style
Stacked haircuts are cute, but if you want to add some instant sex appeal consider a fiery hair color like this deep red shade. We’re loving her sleek and subtle graduated style, with plenty of lengthy layers and an enticing design from front to back.
Platinum Curls – Stylish Balayage Hairstyle
Oh so summery, this classy and gorgeous hairstyle is brightened with some stunning platinum coloring, given a beautiful makeover with lovely long ringlets. This sophisticated, light hairstyle combines the beauty of layers with sultry ringlets that are perfect for fancy occasions.
Blonde Highlights with Volume – Straight Bob Cut
This stacked haircut is LOADED with volume! She adds some length around the face to frame her face beautifully while the back is left extra short to load up on volume. Adding some light blonde highlights throughout her mane, she gives her locks some vibrant and bright hues that play against the dark brown perfectly. An everyday style that’s dimensional and fun!
Sea Foam Green and Black Waves: Easy Office Hairstyle for Women
Sea foam green just so happens to be one of the HOTTEST hair colors for 2016; and what goes better with this delightful mermaid shade than black roots? The color combo is sensational and unique, while some subtle waves in the back add some flirty dimensional fun to the entire style. A great option for work or school.
Purple Sleek Straight with Thick Hair
Subtle layers are brought to life with a divine color combination of black with purple on top, a mysterious and sexy shade that’s sure to turn heads. She leaves her stacked hairstyle stick straight for a sultry style with plenty of attitude. Her strands are sure to wave effortlessly and we’re loving her side part that’s downright fabulous.
THIS hairstyle is screaming with volume! With tons of layers on the top back part of her hair, some simple teasing of the crown adds a divine amount of volume that’s downright playful and sexy. Her super dark locks are undoubtedly stylish and the volume really pulls this look together wonderfully. So much body to this look!
Stacked Haircut with Highlights and Bangs
A lot of gals think bangs are OUT with a stack haircut; but that couldn’t be any more FALSE. Check out this adorable ‘do, featuring a bob haircut with tons of short layers in the back and some cutesy bangs up front, skimming above her eyebrows. The addition of natural-looking highlights creates a lighter shade that perks up her face miraculously.
Curly Stacked Hairstyle for Women Short Hair
Want to take your stacked haircut to an all-new, beautiful dimension? Consider this glamorous hairstyle! She starts off with a beautiful graduated bob, brought to life with tons of voluminous curls that add a touch of fullness and body. This stunning style can easily be perked up with some blingy jewelry or pearls for fancy events.
Hints of Purple
Black-on-purple: it’s the next IT hair color and it’s certainly one to consider! Her fabulous stacked haircut adds plenty of lengthy layers throughout her mane, creating instant volume and bounce. Styled straight with a straightener, her vibrant purple streaks look silky and sultry for a perfect ending.
Shaved Side – Asymmetrical Short Hair Cut
Lover of all things edgy and ‘out-there’? Then we highly recommend this quirky ‘do! Shaved sides are ALL the rage for 2016, and we’re loving her shave and extra lengthy combination that’s extremely eye-catching and unique. For my frisky girls out there who love to live life on the edge, I highly recommend this awesome style.
Stacked hairstyles are awesome for women of all ages, whether you’re a girl in school or a woman in her 50’s. Here we see a classy take on the stacked haircut, starting with a super short pixie cut and plenty of extra short layers, waved to perfection for a snazzy ‘do that can accompany you to the office as well as the 5 star restaurant.
Lengthy Grays – Balayage Hairstyles with Short Hair
Gray hair can’t be fabulous? Think again! Gray hair isn’t just fabulous, it’s also one of the hit colors for 2016. Her gray locks are straightened with a hair straightener for a silky smooth finish that shimmers in the sunlight, and her long layers create a bit of sensual volume that’s great for women with longer face shapes.
Blonde Highlights – Balayage Hairstyles for Women Short Hair
Funky, edgy, and loaded with attitude, we’re loving this classic stacked haircut. It’s left lengthy in the front to frame the face while the back is stacked up super short for plenty of bouncy volume. She adds some light blonde highlights to her locks for some flirty dimension that’s downright fabulous.
Lengthy Bayalage Layers
We’re in love with her hair! Featuring a stunning collection of blondes, reds, and browns, her bayalage hair color is loaded with lovely dimension that has a sunkissed finish we adore. Her all-natural locks are given just a touch of body with some super long layers that blend beautifully. An overall natural looking ‘do that’s great for older women.
Red Hot Wavy Volume
Want to turn heads? Then you need to try on this hairstyle for size! Her red hot locks are dazzling, sexy, AND charming thanks to the perfect combination of super bright red hues, some flirty layers, and some gorgeous loose waves to top it all off.
This is undoubtedly one of the best options for summer! Her lengthy bob is sporting the asymmetrical cut that we ALL know and love, adding some spice and funk to her look without going overboard. Lengthy up front and extra short in the back, this look is oozing with flirty fun.
Purple Loose Waves – Chic Short Haircut for Women
Take your stunning deep purple locks to the next level with some gorgeous loose waves! It’s the perfect look for school, for the nightclub, for prom- just about anywhere! You’re sure to dazzle wherever you go, and you can really intensify this style with darker shades of makeup.
Just a bit of Height
There’s a lot to love about this modelesque hairstyle, from the beauteous long layers to the artsy side swept bangs. What really adds some spunk to this look is the slight pinch of messy volume found on top, which really pulls this simple hair style together wonderfully. Love this look with those glasses too!
Reds and Blondes
If your layers weren’t giving you enough body, consider adding some extra texture to your locks by use of colors! Her fashionable and feminine hairstyle features a wide collection of reds and blondes for a really intriguing look that’s bursting with color.
Which one of these stacked hairstyles will you consider?
As we all know, a perfect hairstyle plays an important part for your overall style. Women are always seeking for a new hairstyle to make them look more beautiful. Actually, a beautiful hairstyle does not always mean complicate and structured. There’re also plenty of simple hairstyles which are easy to make and will still look glamorous. Today, let’s take a look at 12 delightful hairstyles for women!
A great hairstyle can brighten up your moods for a whole day. We’ve got a collection of pretty hairstyles with their great photo for you. No matter you like straight hairstyles or wavy hairstyles, dark brunette hairstyles or bright colored hairstyles, you’ll find a favorite hairstyle to give you a perfect look here.
Thinking of what to add to your photo checklist to be organized at your big day? We propose you to take a look on heart wedding photos. Everybody knows that heart is a symbol of true love, happiness and marriage. But how to nicely include it to photo composition? See our gallery of most popular and pinned wedding photos with heart and grab some awesome ideas!
Heart Wedding Photos
Source: Haute Tramp, Christine Choi Photography, Zach and Sarah photography
Source: Kim J Martin Photography, Emma Lucy Photography, cestbeaubystephanie via Instagram
Beautiful Floral Hearts
Source: carmenweddings via Instagram, adrionahh via Instagram, lejardindedelphine via Instagram
Source: Patricia Hau Photography, Natasja Kremers Photography, Mark Tattersall Photography
Marvelous Hearts In Your Hands
Source: Anna Kim Photography, Mirage Photography Studios, elenaherdtphotography via Instagram
Source: Ashfall Mixed Media Inc., Alen Fetani photography, Bethany & Dan photography