Around here we love anything unique and unexpected. But with weddings pouring in our inboxes day in and day out, it can be hard to get that Ah Ha moment. What we really want to say is, Yeeees! That is so awesome! Can we have that at our make believe someday wedding, pretty pleeeease! We scoured the web and can wholeheartedly say we have found the 21 greatest, insanely fun wedding ideas. We think you will agree.
Cotton Candy Weddings
1) Display Cue Cards at Your Ceremony
Just plain funny. Pros: Your guests will undoubtedly get a few laughs. Cons: The focus may not be entirely on you and your fiance.
2) Have an Artist Paint Your Ceremony
Wouldn’t the picture be great displayed in your home afterwards? We also love the idea of having caricature sketches done.
3) Send Save the Dates that are a Little Cheeky
4) Opt for an Anniversary Pinata instead of a Traditional Guest Book
How fun would this be to open on your one year anniversary? Break open a bottle of bubbly and this pinata!
5) Instead of settling for just one angle, find your best side!
6) Give your groom a little something to keep those feet toasty warm
Buy them here
7) And for the bride, a little something blue
Such a sentimental and personal way to commemorate your wedding day.
8) Send Your Guests Mad Lib RSVP’s
9) Who says flower girls have an age limit?
Get your Grandmas to toss the flower petals. An adorable and fun way to include them in your wedding day! Photography by Genevieve Leiper
10) Provide entertainment for guests with nostalgic cootie catchers
11) Or display word search napkins at the bar
Found on The Knot. You can also buy word search napkins here.
12) And better yet still, showcase a full size Price is Right Wheel
Tulle and Chantilly
13) An old mailbox makes the perfect wedding card box
14) Serve Your Food Family Style
This method of dining is making a comeback for wedding receptions because of its wonderfully intimate feel and budget friendly price tag.
Pros: Budget Friendly, Encourages conversation and interaction among guests, Great option for pot luck style weddings or self-catering bride and grooms.
Cons: Not all caterers offer this dining style so be sure to check beforehand.
15) Instead of a photo booth, set up photo stand-ins
Cuts & Stitches
16) Life-Size Jenga is the perfect lawn game
17) Give guests hangover helper kits filled with Gatorade, Tylenol, and coupons for McDonald’s breakfast
Found on Etsy.
18) Have a Taco Bar at your reception. (Better yet, just have Chipotle cater your wedding)
According to their website, Chipotle can cater up to 200 people in all U.S. locations except New York. Read more about their catering options here. To satisfy even the pickiest eaters, we like the idea of setting up a variety of food stations and having an Around the World style menu.
19) Pick a Side Buttons
By The Robinsons
20) Have a Food Truck at Your Reception
21) Give your leading ladies a quirky handkerchief (Don’t forget one for yourself!)