Procrastinating is never something we’d recommend, but let’s face it — the majority of teenagers wait until the last minute to do virtually everything. So, if you’re like most of your peers and appreciate a little pressure before getting something accomplished, you’ve been thinking about your prom dress, buuuuut have yet to make a purchase. We don’t mean to put pressure on you here, but NGL — the big night is coming up soon and while going naked is technically an option, we don’t think anyone would be too thrilled with that choice. Basically, you need a dress and you need it stat. Try not to freak out too much, though — these hacks will help you through the process!
1. If you want to wear a dress that’s flattering for your shape, but have no idea where to begin, this guide will be your best friend:
2. This little black dress guide can cross over into helping you find the perfect prom gown, too:
3. There are SO many different necklines on dresses that it can definitely get confusing. Here are all the options laid out:
4. Once you find the perfect dress with the perfect neckline, you need to make sure your hair doesn’t hide it! Here are some handy tricks on how to do your ‘do on prom night:
5. What happens if you find the PERFECT dress, but feel that it’s a bit too revealing? Simple — change it up a little bit!
6. EVERYONE dies to wear a red-carpet dress worn by a celebrity, but the chances of that actually happening are pretty slim… so, make your own! Here you can see an exact replica of Anna Kendrick’s dress made with a lacey tank top and a convertible black gown:
7. Jewelry can make or break any outfit, but especially a formal dress. Follow this guide and you’ll never screw up your look with the wrong necklace again!
8. But what about bracelets and earrings? No worries — we’ve got you covered:
9. Finding the right bra to wear with a uniquely cut dress can be a MAJOR pain, but if you try this simple hack, you’ll never have to stress about visible lingerie straps again!
10. NGL, sometimes a bra just won’t cut it. Kim Kardashian is a huge fan of taping her boobs before a red carpet, and you will be, too!